The Human Resource Generalist provides operational, staffing & development support for Human Resource team. This includes assisting with recruiting and retention efforts for all plant hourly positions. The HR Generalist will assist with leading employee training and development activity for all locations, which includes the coordination and delivery of training as needs are established. This role requires consistent, close contact, with all Associates within Pace Industries to understand and continuously improve employee relations, while striving to make Pace Industries the employer of choice for our community.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
(but not limited to…)
- Assist with the administration of the recruiting portal in the HRIS, by reviewing and responding to all hourly applicants within 24 hours of application. This includes reviews of all resumes, conducting phone interviews and coordinating in person interviews with supervisory staff.
- Assist with onboarding procedure upon offer acceptance, including drug screening, I9, badge printing etc.
- Assist in conducting Orientation training, typically twice a week. Maintains and continuously improves orientation process.
- Follows up with employees throughout their first 2 months to ensure their needs are met, voices are heard, and concerns are addressed.
- Perform personnel record documentation and archiving, correct employee punches daily.
- Assist with coordinating, scheduling and delivering training as needed.
- Assist with special events, services, and programs as needed.
- Monitor existing tracking systems and run reports as requested. Examples: gainsharing, payroll, boot receipts, union dues, initiation fees, org charts, master files, vacation tracking, wage reports, absenteeism, FMLA & STD tracking, training, unemployment, pension reporting, garnishments, etc.
- Performs recordkeeping and data entry requirements in all HR programs and timekeeping systems.
- Helps with the implementation of services, policies, events and programs.
- Performs customer service by answering associate’s questions.
- Encourage safety and the development of co-workers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Please note that the duties and requirements described herein are intended to represent general contents of this job. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources and 2-3 years of related experience and/or training preferred; or Associate's degree with 5-7 years of related HR experience.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and professionalism always.
- Experience working in an office setting in an office management role preferred.
- HRIS management experience required, preferably Workday.
- Applicants should have both the desire and ability to work in a fast paced, challenging work environment.
- The HR team is a team of change agents, focused on continuous improvement of the capabilities of all Pace Industries processes and personnel.
- Strong organizational, computer and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, from production associates to senior leaders.
- Ability to function as a team player and be comfortable leading without authority.
- Ability to build credibility and trust.
- Ability to influence leaders and change their paradigms.
- Must be proficient with the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Key Position Competencies:
- Communications – Listening, Reading Comprehension, Speaking and Writing.
- Cognition – Analysis/Reasoning, Creative & Innovative Thinking, Decision Making & Judgement, and Problem Solving.
- Personal Effectiveness – Accountability & Dependability, Adaptability & Flexibility, Customer Focus, Development & Continual Learning, Ethics & Integrity, Results Focus & Initiative, Safety Focus, Self-Management, Stress Tolerance, and Tact.
- Interaction with Others – Influencing Others, Relationship Building, Teamwork and Valuing Diversity
- Occupational – Advocating Causes, Enforcing Laws, Rules & Regulations, Facilitating Groups, Interviewing Others, Providing Consultation, and Presenting Information.
- Management Qualities – Business Alignment, Coaching and Mentoring, Leadership, Fiscal Accountability, Organizational & Political Savvy, Planning & Organizing, Staff Management and Strategic Vision.